Sunday, November 1, 2009

HAPPPPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

So for THE longest time I have been craving Dungeness crab because aside from tomatoes [plain w/salt and pepper, or with mozzarella, basil, and reduced balsamic] is the best flavor out there for my taste buds!  In San Diego there is this little hole in the wall place called El Pescador [http://elpescadorfishmarket.com/] which has the most amazingly fresh seafood I have ever had [even better than Hawaii and east coast]. They have little cocktail starters and my favorite one is the dungeness crab cocktail, to put into perspective it tastes like a bloody mary[virgin] with crab in it. So when you mix the taste of tomatoes with the succlent crab taste it is like a huge rave in my mouth.
Wow sorry, anyways,  I am stuck here in this hole called Idaho, I mean I live in this place called Idaho which is known for their trout and potatoes and definately not their seafood. Unfortuantely and quite fortunately for Tristan I expect a lot from food and the way it is prepared. When we were first dating I introduced him to a restaurant here called the Cellar, it is one the 4 "fine dining" restaurants here and they actually do a pretty good job, I am actually quite shocked at the quality and very happy with it. We went there  4 or 5 times over the course of  dating eachother and the last time we went he proposed! Well weirdly enough last night was the first time we have been back since Febraury! I have been really sad because none of the restaurants here serve really great seafood, I think that 3 serve Alakan King crab or just snow crab and freakin A  because "we are just sooooooooooooooo far from the ocean" they up the price the 200% tis ridiculous!! And the dumb thing is I have been craving Dungeness which has a different taste from other crabs and not a single restaurant serves it and I have not been able to find any store in town that sells it. Yes, wo is me.
Alright so now that we have a full back story,  I get weekly updates from the Cellar and they always have a different weekend special. And when I opened up the email lo and behold was DUNGENESS CRAB! I was so incredibly happy! I couldn't believe it! I t was a really good price for a 2lb crab!
Last night Tristan and I dressed up as "Nudist's on Strike!" and went out and had a great time! I got a virgin bloody mary  and a whole amazing dungeness crab! I could not have been happier! I ate the entire thing....
Last night was a great night and I hope everyone had as good as a Halloween as I did!

Happy daylight savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers