Saturday, December 5, 2009

Blah Blobbity Blah....I mean, Happy Holidays Yay!

Ha ha holy cow!! I am so excited for Christmas and I am even more excited that we have had hardly ANY snow!! I mean, it has snowed about 5 times and this last time we still have junk on the ground because it is too cold to melt BUT I am just soooo happy that I don't have to deal with it as much as last year! WOO HOO! =]
So today Tristan finally brought up all of the Christmas stuff that his mom let me look through and have whatever I wanted [which was awesome!]. It has been sitting in the back of the expedition for like 2 weeks, and I discovered today that I married a GRINCH! Haha he refuses to put up any Christmas decoration because his mom always made him do it when he was younger. When I put up all the little knick nacks and other standing objects I decided I would tackle the tree, which I ended up not doing because it is pretty lame to set up a tree by yourself...so maybe tomorrow or monday I will tackle that.
Since I have way too much time on my hands this year, I am going to make yummy Christmas goodies for family/friends. I got a whole bunch of really fun treat recipes from  http://www.foodnetwork.com/  which is my go to source for anything and everything to do with food! I am planning on making homemade marshmallows and using those in several different different ways [cover the bottom in carmel/pretzels, put crushed oreo's on the bottom], homemade carmel turtles and red velvet sandwich cookies. And so we will see how everything turns out because I have never made homemade carmel or marshmallows.  

Tristan's birthday is the 31st!! YAY! I am so excited! He is going to be 27! Holy cow! I tell him everyday as I recite the days left, how very, very old he is going to be! SO can you see why we had kids fast? Poor guy needs to be able to throw a football to Dorian without using a cain ;D. I am just kidding! [BUT REALLY!]. For his birthday this year, he just wants The Count of Monte on DVD and a nice dinner.....which, because I have so much fudging time on my hands I already have planned! On the 30th I am going to the store to see what meat I feel like making. I am going to serve that with a parmesan butter balsamic glaze. He wants asparagus and I am debating between doing an asian soy-ginger glaze or just grill them with roasted garlic. He wanted roasted garlic mashed potatoes that I am going to do with fingerling potatoes left whole, smash them, the smear them with roasted garlic. For dessert  I am really pushing my baking retardation and trying a chocolate dacqousie cake that actually has meringue layers and dark chocolate ganosh. If I pull it off it will be dang good AND a miracle! All of this will be candle lit and blah blah blah.... haha I realize that if you actually read this you must be pretty bored, so I am sorry =].
NOW I need to go and make dinner because I promised Tristan if he did the dishes I would start and he has been done for like 40 mins.
=]
Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers